Does your Christmas playlist need some spice? Are you tired of listening to the same old songs you’ve been hearing since Mariah Carey defrosted? Well, here are some of my favorite Christmas songs, which you may or may not know to grace your playlists this holiday season!
5. Santa Claus is Comin’ (In A Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train) by The Tractors: It’s an interesting take on a classic. It's different but worth a listen!
4. The Christmas Waltz by Laufy: This one is great to have to play softly in the background of a dinner party, or just help you fall asleep.
3. White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes: Something about this one can only be described as nostalgic. Even if it’s the first time you’ve listened to it, it feels like you’ve known it forever. Pentatonix also does an amazing cover of this song, which you should also check out.
2. Snoopy’s Christmas by The Royal Guardsmen: This one is a classic from my childhood. It’s based on the Christmas Truce of 1914 when there was an impromptu ceasefire between French, German, Belgian, and British troops during WWI. Eyewitness accounts said that soldiers from both sides celebrated the holiday together as friends. This is something I think we could be inspired by today.
1. Carol of the Bells covered by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra: This one's an all-around amazing classic. All of the renditions done by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra are cool, and I would recommend giving all of them a listen.
I hope you found or rediscovered some new favorites! Happy holidays!